Final Confirmation Schedule on the Mid-term Examination Score
1. Period: October 29(Thu) ~ 30 (Fri)
2. Procedure: No additional corrections. During the period, we want you to confirm your final score on the mid-term examination. Be sure to check that the scores have been recorded on a Data File correctly.(If no change in your score after rescoring, the claims were not accepted.)
(If you find an error on the score, contact your TA in charge of the class.)
Click this link [Class] to open or download the file !
The average score of 2 classes is 75.0 pts out of 100 points(after the claim). The top is 100 pts.
Answer key of the examination is now on the web, at the link [problems & answers].
Schedules on Return and Claim of the Marked Exam Paper
1. Claim Period: October 26 (Mon, 12:00~24:00)
The claim is permitted only on this period. Keep that in mind!
2. Location: Each class of Turnitin site
If you have any claims on it, email them (Question# and reasons) to your TA. (A solution file with answers for the examination will be uploaded on October 26 on the web.)
Final Confirmation of the Mid-term Examination Score
1. Period: October 29(Thu) ~ 30 (Fri)
2. Location: The file with scores will be uploaded at www.gencheminkaist.pe.kr
3. Procedure: No additional corrections. During the period, we want you to confirm your final score on the final exam. Be sure to check that the scores have been recorded on a Data File correctly. (If no change in your score after rescoring, the claims were not accepted.)
Mid-term Examination Student Guidelines [Guideline and Schedule-PDF]
1. Date & Time, duration: October 21 (Wed, 7 p.m. ~ 10 p.m., 3 hours)
You should enter the announced zoom class before 6:45 p.m.
Do not leave the zoom class until your TA confirms the end.
2. Covering chapter: Chapters 3 ~ 6, 9, 10
3. Type of Examination
Zoom-proctored online examination (open-notes, open-book and open internet)
Although this is an open-book exam, it does not mean you can discuss with other people.
4. Utilizing internet system
1) Monitoring and Paper download: Zoom system
2) Paper file download: Zoom system(and KLMS)
3) Paper submission: Turnitin system
5. Preparation: In any case, you will need
1) A computer with a camera, speaker, and microphone
2) A stable internet connection
3) A4 size paper (answer sheet)
4) A electronic calculator
5) A cellphone or a scanner to reproduce your exam sheets electronically and we recommend MS Office Lens, a free application, or equivalent.
1) Attendance will be taken while in the examination. Your TA (proctor) may be using our attendance table with student's photos list to identify you or require you to show your student ID clear view of the camera.
2) Your TA will send the final examination file using the Zoom chat-room (your ¡°Chat¡± icon will change color; click on the icon, and from the chat panel, open the file). The KLMS system may be used as backup to transfer the file. You may print it if you have a printer.
3) Once everyone is ready at 7 pm, your TA will start the exam.
4) Prepare several A4-size papers to write only question # and the answers on it in the following example. For clarity, marking your answer is recommended. (Handwriting only is acceptable and typing is not.)
5) If you have any questions during the period, please contact the TA of your class using the Zoom chat channel to ¡°Everyone¡± (the only possible choice). Proctors will make any announcements relevant to all students via audio.
6) If you completed your work offline, photograph or scan your exam sheets. In MS Office Lens, keep adding pages, then export to one PDF, store locally, and upload in the Turnitin system. Make sure that the filename must be made by combination of a student ID number and your name like 20201111È«±æµ¿or 20202222HongGilDong. You must submit one merged file (pdf or Ms-word format) with all solutions you have made before the deadline ends. (You have to know and practice how to make the formats by using printer scanner or cellphone scanner apps in advance.)
7) While still in the video conference, submit your file to [Final Examination], an assignment on Turnitin of you class. Do not leave the video conference until your TA is confirmed and tells you that it is fine to leave.
General Chemistry I [CH101] starts on on August 31 (Mon).